YAHOOOO! Our school community worked diligently to make the event delightful for children of all ages, and the event raised funds to support our goal for a shade structure on the playground. A special thank you our Parent Teacher Organization, for the tremendous work organizing, running the event, and cleaning up. We appreciate you! Additionally, thank you to all the families who have supported the Butter Braid fundraiser. Proceeds will also support our shade structure. YIPPEEE!
Student Led Parent Teacher Conferences will take place on Monday, November 5, 2018 and Monday, November 12, 2018. Please watch for communication from your child’s teacher. It is essential for your children to attend conferences so that they are able to lead the conversation and share their learning with you. We look forward to seeing you!
Developing literacy skills and helping your children learn to love reading and writing is one of the most important gifts you can provide. Here are several ways in which you can support their development in reading:
1. Set expectations for your children: Let them know that reading is important, fun, and that you know they can learn to read! Help then set a time and place to read each night to develop a healthy love of reading. All children can and will learn to read!
2. Make books, papers, magazines available: Have learning materials available for your children to help motivate them to read and write. Provide many choices based on their unique interests. Get a library card so that you can enjoy a wide variety of books to read!
3. Read to and with your children: Read with them every day. Listen to them read aloud and keep reading with them every day even if they have learned to read. Sharing the joy of reading will bring you closer together.
4. Talk with your children about reading: Talking about reading helps your child develop vocabulary, comprehension, and critical thinking skills.
5. Show your children that reading is important: Read in front of your children and encourage them to read with you! Have fun with this together!
Thank you for your continued support as we enter an extremely busy time of the school year. We appreciate your positive role in your child’s education.
Vanessa Fisher, Principal
Shannon Morris, Assistant Principal