As you visit classrooms, please take note of the classroom shared vision, code of collaboration, and procedures that your child created with their teacher. These items will help students understand the importance of working as a community of learners so that each child can learn and grow.
Families often want to know how they can help our school! We love support and there are several opportunities that we would like to mention:
- Join our Parent Teacher Organization: The PTO meets the third Wednesday of each month from 8:00-9:00 a.m. They work to support teachers with a variety of projects including our workroom, school-wide events, and fundraising.
- Participate in our School Advisory Council: The SAC meets the first Wednesday of each month from 8:00-9:00 a.m. Florida Mesa School Advisory Council members work together to achieve excellence and success in our school and in each individual child. Florida Mesa School Advisory Council, in conjunction with the building principal, establish school goals and action plans for student achievement, attendance, and safety. The Florida Mesa Advisory Council members serve as liaisons between the school, parents, and community members.
- Volunteer in the classroom: Share your desire to assist with your child’s classroom teacher! The teacher will ask if you’ve completed the Volunteer Authorization paperwork and will work to coordinate ways in which you can support.
- Join us for lunch: We can always use additional adults in the cafeteria to enjoy conversations with students and model healthy eating.
- Provide feedback: We are always working to improve our school, so we are open to feedback at any time. Additionally, we will engage in a variety of surveys throughout the school year. We take your feedback seriously, so please let us know what we are doing well and how we can improve.
- Join us for school activities: Please come when we are hosting an all school assembly, like Mustang Round-up on Mondays at 7:45 a.m. We frequently engage in parent nights and would love seeing you in attendance.
- Can’t help at school? Please reach out to your child’s teacher to find out if there are ways you can support our school with special projects that can be done at home. We are happy to receive your assistance.
Thank you for the positive role that you play in supporting your child’s academic, social, and emotional growth. We will look forward to seeing you often throughout the school year.
Vanessa Giddings, Principal
Shannon Morris, Assistant Principal