We will host a virtual Community Q&A Session on Tuesday, August 18th from 3:00-4:30pm to answer specific questions or provide further clarification on our plan. We will also record the session and send it out after the meeting for those that are not able to attend. Following is the information to attend virtually through Google Meet:
There is a lot contained within the plan, however I want to highlight some important information:
- Florida Mesa will offer a choice of in-person, blended, and 100% online learning models
- Families can call Florida Mesa beginning on August 25th to find out class placement/teacher.
- School will begin on August 31, 2020 for all models
- Open House/Meet the Teacher will take place on August 28th
- The school day has been adjusted to 7:30 am-2:00 pm for our K-5th grade students this school year.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be offered for all learners, including a daily pick up option for our online and blended-at home learners.
- Students wishing to ride the bus will need to complete the TRANSPORTATION REGISTRATION paperwork prior to being allowed to ride on the first day of school.
- We are asking that you add a sturdy box or milk crate to your student's supply list.
More details about each of these important topics can be found in the plan, please see attached.
We need EVERY FAMILY to let us know which learning model you would like your child to be a part of. THANK YOU for all of you who have responded, you have been counted! If you have not responded, please call the school at 970-247-4250 or email Tony Roderick at firstname.lastname@example.org with your selection: in-person, blended, or online AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We still need to hear from over 40 families and staffing could be adjusted at our school if we cannot confirm in the next day or so that these students will be attending Florida Mesa this year.
Again, we can't thank you enough for continuing to partner with us in your child's education, whether that will be in-person, online, or in a blended model. We recognize that you are putting your trust and faith in us and our staff to keep your student safe and moving forward in their education. As we welcome everyone back on August 31st, safety and providing a quality educational experience will remain at the forefront. Welcome back Mustangs--can't wait to see the herd!!
Shannon Morris, Principal
Tony Roderick, Assistant Principal